Sunday 16 May 2010

Final reflection

My English progress from 2008-2010



As you know, we have arrived at the end of batxillerat, after two years working very hard for everything. Now is the time to look back.

If I compare my first written document and my last composition I can see a good progress because at first I didn’t use connectors also I used a lot of simples phrases. In my last composition there are connectors, a good structure (introduction, points in favour, points in against, conclusion),I tried to use some expressions according to the text.

About the grammar, I didn’t learn anything special but the point is to practise and learn from your mistakes.


If I compare my first oral presentation (plastic and aesthetics surgery) with my final oral presentation( Castelló d’Empúries) I can see a lot of progress and I’m not the only person that said this and for me it’s very satisfactory that people told me that. I’m very nervous person when I start to talk. I have to breathe a thousand times before starting however I have to learn to talk slowler. Unfortunately I think that it doesn’t have solution and I have stressful and nervous situations. Maybe it would be interesting if I learn to relax and try to improvise a little bit, because I believe that when you improvise, that is when you show your level of English, obviously in a real situation you can prepare it and still there is less studying. I think that now I’m more fluent but about my pronunciation I think that it’s the same but with a strong voice I can say: I’m more confident.

About my best oral evidence, I think that it’s not difficult and the mark match with my best oral, the oral presentation was about my research project, because I didn’t study the text and I can improvise a little bit. My best written is difficult to say because they are in the same level but if I have to choose one composition maybe a discussion or opinion essay.


In brief, I’ll never stop to learn English because I think that English is our future language and it would be essential for our lives specially our jobs.

I hope that with my long travel to United Kingdom I’ll learn a lot and finally I can say: Yes, I speak English, but if I speak fluent English I don’t leave my English classes

No comments:

Post a Comment