Friday 27 November 2009

The Simpsons vs. Family Guy

Presentation

In our oral presentation we use the power point and some images that we downloaded from the net. It was focused on the topic that we talked. For me, doing a power point is a good supported for the oral presentation, it’s a way to show some images and be interesting and entertaining. About the time, I think it was a little long, but we talked 5 minutes.

Body language & eye contact

During my presentation, I looked to a fixed point, because I was very nervous. I knew perfectly my oral presentation but I was very nervous and sometimes I needed to read my notes. Unlike high oral presentations I haven’t made any gesture. I tried to don’t look at the power point but occasionally I did it. Also I tried to don’t look my notes but I was so nervous I finally I did it.

Structure

I think that the structure was ok; we had an introduction where we explained what the oral presentation was about, why we chose these topics, what we explained and which were ours aims. When we finished explaining the topic, I did a little conclusion and we showed two videos from “family guy” and “the Simpsons”. Basically our aims were that people had a basic Knowledge from each sitcom. Also I finished asking to the audience what sitcom they prefer. We tried to organize our ideas in order; we started with an introduction, describing the main characters, the principal places, some opinions of the experts (controversy) and a small comparison of each sitcom.

Content

I guess that we didn’t introduce new information because everybody has watched the Simpsons or family guy. In my opinion, the information that we exposed was extensive and detailed but for understanding the topic we needed to talk about this one otherwise has been a bad oral presentation, we need minimums. When we showed some photos people laughed, and also when we showed videos of family guy.

Language

We use some adjectives to describe the places and the characters, the grammar was correct and we use synonymous and some expressions. But in general we use easy vocabulary (except some words) and simple grammar to describe, and introduce some parts. For example “now Anna is going to talk...” As connectors I use “and, but, also, etc”. Clara told me that I said one “bueno” and I think that some “emm”.. Also I said “for example”.

Pronunciation & Intonation

At first people told me that I spoke very fast. I suppose that was because I was very nervous and I didn’t know what I was saying. While I was doing my oral presentation, I didn’t know that I was speaking too fast, but when I watched the video I was surprise. It wasn’t my intention. Also I think that I spoke with a loud volume. But I think that has been one of my best oral presentations without interruptions or breaks. Before, when I didn’t be sure for something I used to speak softer; now I think it has changed. About my pronunciation, I tried to pronounce correctly each word; before the oral I tried to pronounce the most difficult words, for example: behaviour, although, kidnappings, “pewterscmidt”, “antropomorphized”.
For all these reasons, my own result would be an 75,5%. I think it’s ok, but I need to improve the body language & eye contact using fillers and perhaps improving my vocabulary. I’m happy with our power point. Sincerely, I thought that it would has been more wrong.



Evaluation Mark

Presentation 10% 9

Body language and eye contact 10% 6

Structure 10% 6

Content 40% 31,5

Language 20% 15
Pronunciation and intonation 10% 8

TOTAL 100% 7,55



Oral presentation





No comments:

Post a Comment